<< Forrige indlæg | Næste indlæg >>   

What is PCLinuxOS?

Ophavsmand Indlæg
allanadmin
ons jun 24 2020, 22:09 Vis Udskrift

allanadmin

Oprettet: tor feb 08 2007, 17:58
What is PCLinuxOS?

PCLinuxOS is a free easy to use Linux-based Operating System for x86_64 desktops or laptops.

PCLinuxOS is distributed as a LiveCD/DVD/USB ISO image, and can also be installed to your computer. The LiveCD/DVD/USB mode lets you try PCLInuxOS without making any changes to your computer. If you like it, you can install the operating system to your hard drive. Locally installed versions of PCLinuxOS utilize the Advanced Packaging Tool (or APT), a package management system (originally from the Debian distribution), together with Synaptic, a GUI frontend to APT for easy software installation. PCLinuxOS has over 12,000 rpm software packages available from our software repository.

PCLinuxOS has a script called mylivecd, which allows the user to take a ‘snapshot’ of their current hard drive installation (all settings, applications, documents, etc.) and compress it into an ISO CD/DVD/USB image. This allows easy backup of a user’s data and also makes it easy to create your own custom liveCD/DVD/USB.

PCLinuxOS has additional support for over 85 language through our simple Addlocale interface.

PCLinuxOS is safe and secure. You never have to worry about viruses, adware, malware or trojans infecting your computer with PCLinuxOS.

The PCLinuxOS distribution was founded October 24, 2003 by Bill Reynolds aka Texstar and headquarters are located in Houston, TX USA.
What can I do with PCLinuxOS?

Everything you do with that other OS you can do with PCLinuxOS.

Internet tools : PCLinuxOS comes with a complete internet suite for surfing the net, sending and receiving email, instant messaging , blogging , tweeting and watching online video.

Photos: Edit photographs, upload and mange your photo collections with GIMP and Picasa software applications.

Music and Video: Listen, organize and stream mp3 music from your desktop. Sync your mp3 player with your music collection. Listen to streaming internet radio. Watch Youtube videos. Watch TV shows and movies online as well as DVDs. Design DVD slide shows and more. PCLinuxOS is a full multimedia operating system.

Productivity: LibreOffice allows you to edit documents, create presentations, work on spreadsheets, graphics and is available in many languages. Installation is easy through our LibreOffice Manager utility.
Where can I get a copy of PCLinuxOS?

PCLinuxOS LiveCD is available from our download section.
What kind of computer do I need to be able to run PCLinuxOS?

Processor

Any Intel, AMD or VIA x86_64 processor.
Memory & storage

RAM : 512 MB minimum, 2 GB or more recommended.

Hard disk : 12 GB minimum, 20+ GB recommended for a full setup.
Video card

nVidia, ATI, Intel, SiS, Matrox, VIA.

3D desktop support requires a 3D instructions set compatible card.
Sound card

Any Sound Blaster, AC97 or HDA compatible card.

Creative Labs X-Fi cards are not currently supported.
Other

CD/DVD writer drive required for burned disks.

USB boot capacity required for bootable flash drive images.

SATA, IDE, SCSI, SAS : most controllers are supported in non-RAID mode.
Where can I can get help if I have a question about PCLinuxOS?

Online support is available through our friendly support forum.

PCLinuxOS 2013 was built from the ground up using the packages in our repository. The packages in our software repository may be original creations but may also contain repackaged and modified packages from Fedora, OpenSuse, Mageia, and Mandriva released under the GPL. PCLinuxOS packages may also contain patches and bug fixes from any other Linux open source distribution. The PCLinuxOS team would like to thank these distributions who may have indirectly contributed to the PCLinuxOS distribution.

The PCLinuxOS name is Copyrighted 2003 and Trademarked through the Linux Mark Institute. All rights reserved. Linux is trademarked by Linus Torvalds.
Tilbage til toppen

Bestyrer: allanadmin

Gå til:     Tilbage til toppen